After just a few months as part of the blogosphere, I was so honored and touched to receive this award from the lovely lady behind Expatially Mexico. It really is so touching to be recognized by a peer for my writing. For a while now I’ve struggled to find my life’s ‘passion’ and thanks to this blog, I think I’m finally headed in the right direction!
1.Display the award logo on your blog.
2.Link back to the person who nominated you.
3.State 7 things about yourself.
4.Nominate 15 bloggers for this blog and link to their pages.
5.Notify these bloggers of the nomination and the awards’ requirements.
7 things you might be interested to know about me:
1. Most of my friends and family don’t know about my blog yet. Perhaps it’s about time!
2. I come from a multi-ethnic background and I’m completely fluent in Arabic. I’m currently working on trilingual status by learning French.
3. My expat experience of country hopping started at a very young age as an American ‘army brat.’ I’ve been moving around the world since I was a toddler.
4. I can’t wait to move to East Asia on assignment. South Korea, Japan and Malaysia are my current hopefuls. I’ve never been to that part of the world and I’m so excited to explore it.
5. I am a total book worm and prefer reading over watching tv. Currently working on the Life of Pi by Yann Martel, and absolutely loving it! Looking forward to watching the movie this week.
6. I’m an amateur film buff but can’t stand horror or anything involving domestic violence. I also probably put way too much credit into IMDB reviews!
7. Never, ever imagined I would be a housewife (or trailing expat wife.) And never dreamed I would actually love it!
And now after much deliberation and thought, here are my 15 nominees for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. These blogs have definitely inspired me and I would highly recommend them for thoughtful and entertaining posts about expat living, travel, and relationships. They are the cream of the crop of my regular reads.
2. Expat Lingo
9. Expat Logue
10. Texas on Thames
12. Expat Alien
14. Comin’ Home Soon
15. Hey from Japan
I look forward to gaining further inspiration from you all!